Monday, May 16, 2011

Finding Your Inner Dean

I have enjoyed following Dean Karnazes as he ran across America in 75 days. It has only been a couple of months since I found out about Dean and I have become a big fan! I believe in finding a dream, making a goal and taking the steps to make it happen. We can do so much more than we think we are capable of! We just need to dream and do!



"Struggling and suffering are the essence of a life worth living. If you're not pushing yourself beyond the comfort zone, if you're not demanding more from yourself - expanding and learning as you go - you're choosing a numb existence. You're denying yourself an extraordinary trip."

-Dean Karnazes

From the workout perspective, I feel like I am getting back to decent health. Finished up my antibiotics and the allergies have subsided. I am really paying attention to my heart rate when I am running. It has been going too high. I recently read that it is important to run in your heart rate zone and build the endurance base from there. So that is what I am doing. I just started a training schedule for a 10K. I registered for the Freedom Festival 10K on the Fourth of July. I need to build that base now and hopefully it will pay off down the road. This will also help me build a base for the half marathon in August.

Keep up the great work everyone! Hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment