Monday, January 10, 2011

Good Week - Bad Week

First the good. For the most part, I ate healthy and started losing weight again! I also got off the diet drink daily indulgence as of this morning. I just kept tapering off so it wasn't so dramatic just stopping suddenly! I won't go into the pros and cons of diet drinks, but at the least it does save a little cash. I also met my exercise goals for the week! The bad? I tweaked my back a couple of weeks ago and every time it gets a little better, I tweak it again! This has stopped me from any type of running for a while until it gets better. It has also been cold and very icy out which doesn't help either. It is supposed to warm up above freezing by mid-week. Hopefully the streets will start clearing off.

So what have I done for exercising? I have walked a couple of times. Done the elliptical a couple of times and went snowshoeing again. You would think that snowshoeing might be hard on my back but so far so good. I was able to do a loop with my son where I had taken the scouts out about a week and a half ago. This time the snow was packed down and the going was much quicker, but it was still a great workout as we climbed around the hills. I highly recommend it if you climate is conducive for it.

Everyone seems to be sticking to their resolve. Remember, NO EXCUSES! Not going to let a sore back stop me from eating right and getting what exercise I can! Hope the rest of you are not starting to make excuses! Hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment