Monday, January 17, 2011

Dealing with Injuries

I took it a lot easier this week. I still am not able to run. It has been a bit frustrating to want to but knowing it would just aggravate my back and hip if I start back to early. Thanks Chris for the suggestion of trying to keep my exercising on the level. There are plenty of opportunities for hills around and with the snow shoeing I've been doing there is a lot of vertical involved where I have gone. The roads are slowly clearing up, but there is still a lot of ice and slick spots to contend with. I wish businesses and home owners felt more responsible about keeping their walks clear. It would make things easier for those trying to navigate around.

This isn't to say I haven't been exercising. I have mostly done elliptical and walking and that has helped keep some level of fitness around. I will have some ground to make up when I get healed up though. Just have to keep things in perspective. I went out for about 4.5 miles today. A year and a half ago, that would have almost been impossible. I also listened to a story about a woman who was burned over 80% of her body while I was walking and realized I had a lot to be thankful for. I have a lot of wonderful things in my life. Many of you are those wonderful things! Thank you!

I have to give a special shout out to Mark A. who has started getting back in shape. He has been consistently walking every day one of my favorite running routes. I hope he enjoys it as much as I do! Martha is doing great in sticking to her commitment to be healthy. She has turned the corner from just losing weight to seeing the need to be healthy. That can make all the difference. Todd A., I hope you can continue to work out in spite of your injuries! Bill continues to amaze with his running skills. Rachel, Troy, Mike and Sarah are all being dedicated in their working out. Great job you guys. Hillary still looks good as well! Big Clyde! I am reliving what I did last year by reading your post about your 10K prep and committing to training for the 13.1. You can do it! All of you keep me posted in what you are doing! I am cheering for you all! Hang in there and I will too!

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more with you about people and businesses clearing their walks! I ran with Sarah and Mike this weekend and did 4 miles (thanks to Sarah keeping me distracted while talking). It made me exciting for our 10K this summer. I can do it! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bruce! I appreciate your support too. You bloggers have changed my life.

    Keep walking and let the back heal up.

    ReplyDelete