Monday, January 25, 2010

Out with the Old - In with the Old

Weekly Stats
Current: 239.0
Weekly Loss: 2.2
To Go: 68.0
Total 86.0

I was fortunate to have a decent weight loss this week. Wednesday I tweaked my back when I was working out. I was able to finish up, but by Thursday morning, my back was in serious pain. I had to stay home, lay flat for most of the morning and then ice and ibuprofen the rest of the day. I realized that not being able to work out, I would have to compensate by not eating as much. Sounds simple, but I had to think it through. I didn't have my customary healthy snacks. That cut out about 500 calories that I wasn't able to burn doing exercise. As a result, I ended up close to my weekly goal. I was feeling good enough to at least do the elliptical on Saturday, but it snowed really hard on Friday night, so I spent a better part of the morning clearing the walk. The snow blower saved my back, but kept me active. This morning, I was able to do the whole workout, workout dvd and elliptical and was at about 85%. I think due to the fact that I have been working out and I have taken off a bunch of weight helped me bounce back faster.

The reference to out with the old, in with the old, refers to last Saturday when I cleaned out my closet. I got rid of most of my 3X and 2X shirts and big pants. It felt good to get rid of them. No looking back or a crutch to go back to with those clothes. I never want to go there again! Did I have to buy a new wardrobe? Nope, I had plenty of clothes that I had grown out of that now fit again. A couple of the t-shirts where from previous vacations. It was a trip down memory lane. :)

I have calendared out a lot of trips and hikes this year that I wouldn't even have considered last year. I am excited to be out and about as the weather warms up in the next few months. For now, I look at my workouts as preparing for a fun year!
Let me know what you are up to in your quest for good health. Also let me know what fun plans you have for the upcoming year. Hang in there and I will too!

2 comments:

  1. Great Job!! My favorite part of reading your success is when you said you threw away your "big clothes"! You are really getting close to that 100 lbs. loss! Way to go.
    I think I personally learned this past week that I enjoy yoga. I have a ward member that teaches it and I have a DVD of Biggest Loser yoga w/bob. I've found that it is quite a work out and that I'm also not as limber as I was 30 years ago. I hope through this I can become stronger and more limber once again. I also need to push myself harder to do tougher workouts, that's been a difficult one for me to try and do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martha! I have several of the Biggest Loser DVDs and Weight Loss Yoga is one of them. It is just as hard for me to do that as it is the others. It is hard in a different way though and it's good to mix things up. I need to get me a mat to work out on. Keep on going! I have found that even though the tougher workouts were hard at first, they get easier and the payoff is more immediate. People notice your weight loss more when you are working out along with taking the weight off because it firms you up as well. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete