Monday, January 18, 2010

Being Healthy

Weekly Stats Current: 241.2
Weekly Loss: 2.0
To Go: 66.2
Total 83.8

As far as my weight loss goes this week, it was an improvement over last week by a long shot. Still like to keep on track for 2.5 lbs per week, but the average over the last four weeks is 2.95 so I am still on target. I may be stats crazy, but I think it's good to keep track when you are trying to lose weight to see where you might need to make adjustments. Hoping to break into the 230's at next Monday's weigh in.

I was watching a video from some former Biggest Loser contestants and one of them said that she had an epiphany when she realized that it was more important to improve her health than to get skinny. She told how much better her health was and how much better she felt. She said that people will recognize her from Biggest Loser, but then will then say, "You're not really that small!" That must be tough! It got me thinking how much my own health has improved! I feel so much better! I am able to do so much more than before! I am actually enjoying working out as well as my fitness level continues to improve. This spring, I would like to get a physical to see how much my health has improved since my last physical. When I do this, I will let you know some concrete numbers, but for now you'll just have to take my word for it for how much better I feel!

Gordon took another snowy mountain bike ride! Great job. Hope Martha is doing well in her family BL weight challenge. Mike and Sarah put in a 4 miler and have plans to do both a half and full marathon this year!!!! Bill H. continues his amazing training! Keep up the good work everyone! Hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment