Monday, August 24, 2009

A Bit of A Setback.

Weekly Stats
Current: 304.4
Weekly Loss: .4(gained)
To Go: 129.4
Total 20.6
Exercise - 5/5 Days – 40+ minutes

Saturday was a day of reckoning for me. I had the time to see how far I could be up Dry Canyon. I was hoping to make it to the saddle. I hiked for two hours made it to just over 7000', but still was about a mile short of the saddle when I knew I needed to turn back. I had a hard time making it back to the van because I was so drained. I realized that I better not try to make it to the top of Baldy in two weeks. I would be putting myself at risk if I pushed it to the top (over 8000'). I will now aim for a late spring / early summer attempt after the snow is all but gone. In ways I am disappointed, but I when I think how far I have come I should be proud of the progress I made at the same time. I did make it up a couple of miles on a fairly steep hike. There is no way when I started this that I could have done it. On my first hike with my son, I didn't even make is a quarter mile before I turned around. Now I can make it that far with out too much effort. My hope for the postponing the hike is to take off quite a bit of weight and keep working out for an even better fitness level.

As far as my weight goes. It looks like a similar thing that I saw a couple of weeks ago. The hard work out on Saturday seems to make my body hold on to the weight. I was 302 yesterday morning and I would be surprised if I dropped back down tomorrow somewhere around there.

Lisa H. is doing well in her weight loss. Way to go! Keep up the great work. Sarah and Mike ran 12 miles on Friday! That was awesome. Gordon G. is keeping up on his biking and I suspect Martha is doing well on her goals! Everyone hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment