Monday, June 13, 2011

June Boom Week 2 - One 2011 Goal Checked Off!

June Boom Stats


Date --- Minutes exercised / calories deficit or surplus
June 6:  47/-768
June 7:  68/-1815
June 8:  79/-1725
June 9:  42/-518
June 10:  63/-1152
June 11:  73/+449

June 12: */-606
Totals: 372/-6135


Other than Saturday, I had a good calorie deficit week.  My problem on Saturday was a good, hard workout in the morning, followed by a couple of easy to go over events during the day. But the great news is being down 3 pounds.  The pound I should have lost last week carried over and added to the 2 lbs that my calorie count said I should be.  Yippee!  Loving the June Boom so far!


My running last Monday and Tuesday were great!  I haven't felt so good on a run in a long time.  The mileage is increasing at a reasonable rate as well.  Even my long run of 6 miles on Saturday was good.  My pace has dropped almost a minute and a half in the last month.  The training is paying off.  I still am not really fast, but I am seeing improvement.   I also got the time from Camie's run and am now able to check off one of my 2011 goals. I finished a 5K under 30 minutes.  My time was 29:41 and change!


My sister Chris sent me an article about counting calories.  In summary it stated that all calories are not equal.  I find that is true.  When you are watching your calories, you can help yourself in may ways by making sure that you are getting the most bang for you buck in the calories that you choose to eat.  For example eating an orange is much better for you than drinking the equivalent calories of orange juice.  When you couple fiber with carbs, it is a slower burn of those calories.  Your body can handle the carbs much better when it doesn't get a super dose all at once.  Read here if you would like to know more.


Had a good laugh this week when I read this facebook status from Melissa:
It's all fun and games until someone poops on the trampoline.
I nominate it for one of my top five favorite statuses.  Thanks for the laugh Melissa!

The shout out of the week goes to Bill H.  He always amazes me.  On Saturday he paced the Provo River Marathon.  He paced group was 3:50.  He was only off by 16 seconds!  Then to top it off, he added another 14 miles later in the day to make it an even 40 miles for the day to celebrate his upcoming 40th birthday!  How amazing is that!  Another shout out to the above mentioned Melissa who has lost over 30 lbs since having her last baby!  Way to go!  Hang in there and I will too!

5 comments:

  1. A DOUBLE shout out? I feel so famous! I'll smile about that all day!

    I can't believe Bill ran 40 miles. I'm not sure I've run 40 miles in my entire life - let alone a single day.

    I've said it before - but truthfully, you've been a big inspiration for me. Thanks for always sharing, and congrats on the 5K - nothing like accomplishing our goals...such a motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pace improvement is SO great! Congrats on all of your hard work!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in real quick to say - Great stats Bruce!! Keep up the good work!!

    Staying Motivated MO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the June Boom exercise and your updates, Bruce.

    Thanks for the calorie tips too. I will check out that other info. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Calorie deficit - I love it!

    ReplyDelete