Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring has Sprung

Spring arrived Sunday with a bunch of gray skies around here. It has been this way for quite a while. I am forgetting what blue skies look like. Hope your spring is a bit warmer and sunnier than ours has been so far.

Training went well last week. I did my usual training runs: intervals on Monday, tempo run on Wednesday and a long run on Friday. I was able to run the entire 6 miles on the long run which was great progress for me. For the first time in a long time, I ran without listening to music or podcast. I really concentrated on my running form and paid attention to what my body was telling me. I do enjoy music, but this was a good run without it. I may do that more often.

Saturday, I decided to hit the Bonneville Shoreline Trail from a different trail head. The elevation gain and loss was moderate for the 1.25 miles and then I headed up Dry Canyon. I ran what I could but didn't push myself overly hard. Dry Canyon is steep and is hard for me to run up it at all, but my heart rate still pushes high even if I just hike it so it is a great workout. I made it up to the snow line and turned back.

From the top most part of the run.


On the way back down Dry Canyon. Nice flat spot where you can catch your breath before the next steep section comes.


Shout outs to so many of you who are working out hard and making progress! Keep up the great work. You are all a great source of inspiration to me. Hang in there and I will too!

4 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful, but challenging. Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce, I look forward to catching up on your blog. Looks like you've accomplished a ton already. Thanks for dropping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jimmer
    JImmer
    Jimmer

    wildcats
    wildcats
    wildcats!!

    ReplyDelete