Monday, February 7, 2011

On the run

Great news for me. I was given a tentative go ahead last Thursday to try limited running on Friday. It went well with no damage! The thing that limited me the most was not being in running shape, but I stayed on level surfaces and was able to walk and run. It felt good to be running again. I went back in for physical therapy and the chiropractor on Friday and I had a good session. The chiropractor was happy with my progress and that will probably be my last visit with him. I got the go ahead to even go a harder on my running! I did a longer route this morning and was able to run about half of it. I sure was happy that it felt good! It has been a long time. I will continue to increase my running time as I get back in shape and hopefully will be back to where I was before this all happened.

I also really focused on my core again last week. I think it has helped my recovery tremendously. I have taken the strength training and stretching that I have learned from PT and combined it with Bob Harper's Inside Out DVD training and it has helped a lot. I can feel a difference as I run.

I hope you are all doing well. Mike and Sarah have been losing great lbs with their new focus on limiting calories. I think it is the 400 Calorie Fix diet. Don't know a whole lot about it, but it is doing well for them. Rachel is also doing great getting back in shape. Martha is still doing well! Todd and the gang have been consistent in their running as well. S1, great job as always! Hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment