Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Well maybe not so much cold, but it sure has been stormy the past week here. As a result, I have spent a lot of time working out indoors. Thank goodness for the treadmill. Not only has it been great as far as getting in a good workout without worrying about slipping, but I feel it has been perfect in helping me get better quicker!

I had another great workout week. I compared to comparable runs from the last two weeks and my minutes per mile dropped anywhere from 30 to 20 seconds quicker. It's nice to see the progress! My endurance is getting better as well. My most improved mile is the last mile. Also on my long run last Friday, I was able to run four of the five miles. Things are looking up.

I am also changing up my running schedule a bit in prep for the 5K on April 9th. I will run on M-W-F and cross train on T-TH-S. This is roughly based on "Run Less, Run Faster". The idea is to have quality runs when you run (Interval, Tempo and Long runs), alternating with endurance cross training. This is my first day doing this and I really enjoyed the interval training this morning. More on this next week.

I finally got a grip on the weight fluctuation. I have been doing the "400 Calorie Fix" program. The idea is simple. Eat healthy 400 calorie meals, start off with three times a day for 2 weeks. After that you add another 400 calorie meal in. I will finish up the 2 week fast start tomorrow and have lost about 13 lbs. It is good to get some of the weight back off that I have gained back. I am now at 205 and dropping! I'll keep you up to date on the progress on this as well.

Just a quick picture to show that the snow isn't all negative. Had another great snowshoe outing with Gordon and Corey. They set a great pace up to Big Springs. With all the fresh snow it was beautiful!




Shout outs to Hillary who dropped another 5 lbs! Yeah!!!! Mike, Sarah, Rachel and Troy are finding ways to get the workout in! Keep up the great training. Bill and Todd are posting good mileage and times as well. Jared and Mark are making great progress in improving their health as well. I know how hard it can be! Keep up the great workouts. Emily is doing great on her eating healthy and working out. Gordon and Corey, thanks for the fun workouts! Mom and Dad are even putting in some time working out! Way to go! S1 never skips a beat! Hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment