Monday, July 27, 2009

Two Legged Stool

Weekly Stats
Current: 310.0
Weekly Loss: +2.8 (gained)
To Go: 135.0
Total 15.0
Exercise - 5/5 Days – 40+ minutes

This week I feel like the contestant on Biggest Loser who gains weight for the week! Devastation! However I know where I went wrong. It isn't hard to figure out. I was perfect on my exercise. I made my 5/5 goal and exercised long enough. Saturday was a real hard workout! More on that later. I also did fairly well on sleep. Even though family was here, I tried to get to bed at a decent time. So that was a great accomplishment as well. That was two legs of my three legged stool that were solid. My missing leg was watching what I ate. We had several family get-togethers with lots of good food and I wasn't very careful. It ended up being my downfall this week. I need to be diligent in all three areas if I plan on being successful.

This Saturday's hike up Dry Canyon went well. Sarah came with me and was very patient with my slow hiking. It was raining a bit plus the steepness ended up making me soaked to the skin. I lost 5 pounds of water from the hike itself! It was great to have Sarah along. We had a great time talking and catching up. We even got passed up by a bunch of elderly Korean hikers. They opted for the steep ridge-line trail to get to the top of Big Baldy, but it proved to be too much for them and they turned around. We stayed to the right and we got further than I have been this year. I took the GPS and it looked like we had about a 4 mile round trip. Still a ways from the top of Big Baldy, but progress none the less.

I plan on giving a better accounting next week! Hang in there on your health goals as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment