Monday, May 10, 2010

One Year Later.

Weekly Stats
Current: 206.6
Weekly Loss: 0
To Go: 31.6
Total 118.4

Tomorrow marks one year since I began my goal to lose 150 lbs. I think it's a great time to reflect on the past year. This will help me to stay committed to my goal as I look back and see how far I have come. Here is a snippet of my first blog entry:

I have been thinking lately about what I have done in the past that have been successful. One of these has been accountability. I plan to use this space to come clean of where I am at, what my goals are and give a regular report of my progress. My main goal is to help me reach my goal, but a hoped for side effect is to motivate others to reach their goals, not just weight loss, but other areas that you have dreamed of doing, but for one reason or another have left undone.

That being said, here is my initial attempt of being accountable to myself and to those who might want to follow along.

Baseline (this is a hard thing to admit to, but is part of the accountability)
5/11/2009 - Weight - 325 lbs, Exercise - Very little other than doing what needs to be done around the yard.
Goals - 1) Ending weight - 175 lbs. 2) Lose at least 2 lbs a week. Total weight loss - 150 lbs. 3) Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

I am so glad that I had the courage to be accountable. It was so hard for me to post that first blog, but I sure am glad I did! I am also glad I stuck to my commitment to report weekly on my progress. It made a big difference. I can't tell you how grateful I am for all of the support I have received in positive feedback. Some have been consistent week after week in urging me on. Thanks to you all!

So, even though I am not at 175 yet (and I didn't think I would be at this point), I am close to losing 120 lbs. I have been able to lose more than 2 lbs a month, 2 1/4 lbs average), and do well over an hour of exercise 6 days a week. Even though I have a little over 30 lbs more to go, I feel great! I am looking forward to how much better I will feel as I lose the last 30. I have been slowed down a bit the last month or so, but I am going to keep at it and make it!

I think the most dramatic thing I can do though is show you some pictures from the last year. It wasn't until Christmas or so that I can tell a big difference. I am glad I didn't get discouraged and give up.


Once again thanks for all the encouragement! Not done yet and I am excited and motivated to keep going. My last two workouts, I felt really good. Kind of a payoff for all the hard work! Shout outs to Bill who puts in amazing mileage every week! Todd, way to not give up in spite of an injury. Great job to the rest of you are keeping up on your workouts! Hang in there and I will too!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you have kept this blog to. Helped me feel a little more in the know, and able to keep up with you. Great job, and I love love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete