Monday, February 8, 2010

Are you ok?

Weekly Stats
Current: 232
Weekly Loss: 3.2
To Go: 57
Total 93

Having lost this much weight, people have been able to approach me and ask me if I lost weight. This has always been good that people can tell. When you get really heavy, you can lose 30 lbs and people don't notice that much of a difference. I always counted it as a victory when someone you don't know ask if you have lost weight. After having lost 93 lbs, I have had several unexpected questions. They focus around the same theme of "are you ok?". People have started to ask if my health is ok. I guess they think that I might have some health issue that might make me lose weight. I have assured several people that I feel better now than I have in a long time and I am doing just fine. There was a variation on this theme that humbled me though. I am a merit badge counselor for Family Life. I have the opportunity to teach the class once a year in June, but not all of the scouts finish it in the 2 class sessions. I had a young scout come over to the house yesterday who probably hadn't seen me since June. He asked if I had cancer. When I told him no, he told me that his aunt had it. I asked him if he though I had cancer since I had lost a lot a weight since he had last seen me. He told me no, he thought I had cancer because of my closely cropped, thinning hair. Conversation over. Signed his merit badge card and I wished him luck. Geeze!

I had a good week. I put in some extra work including a 6.5 mile hike up the bike trail in Provo Canyon. I was really happy to be able to put in that kind of mileage. When the warm weather comes back, I am anxious to try out my hiking legs on a trail or two!

Sounds like others of you are trying to cope with the cold weather where you are and still get some exercise in! Mike, Sarah, Rachel, Gordon and Bill, great job on getting out and making the best of it in the winter. Great job to the rest of you like Martha who are hanging in there getting the workout done at home. And kudos to you (Chris, Rick, Janet and others) who are dropping weight during a difficult time of year. Hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment