Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back on the downward slope

Weekly Stats
Current: 302.4
Weekly Loss: 2
To Go: 127.4
Total 22.6
Exercise - 5/5 Days – 30+ minutes

With school back up in full swing for the kids I have been lucky to get in the minimum of 30 minutes of exercise. But in ways this was probably good. I have been feeling run-down lately and I think the bit of a cut back and not going on a major hike on Saturday allowed my body to catch up a bit. I am happy with the 2 lbs lost especially with the long holiday.

Saturday I had so much to do, I decided to just work really hard on some of the more physical chores and I did work up a good sweat just doing things like washing the car. Normally I would have run to the car wash, but I saved some money and got a good workout as I went as fast as I could. Silly I guess, but it worked! Doesn't work for everyday, but you can work exercise in some ways that you might not normally think of.

For the holiday, we hiked Upper Provo River Falls. It has been a couple of years since we have been there. It isn't a strenuous hike and is quite enjoyable with the beautiful water falls. I guess being in better shape helped as well.

Big shout out this week to Sarah, Mike and Rachel who ran their half marathon this weekend. They had made it a goal to do it and they all finished!!!!! Great job you three. Lisa H continues to make steady progress. Keep up the good work. Gordon keeps going on some great rides and keeping in shape. I'm sure Martha has lost some lbs as well as busy as she has been lately. Barbara continues to amaze me with her ability to get out of bed as early as 5am and get exercising within a few minutes. My body just can't do that first thing. It takes me a bit to wake up enough to get going. She has been doing this for years now and is in great shape and has a lot of energy to go with it. Emily has been working hard and thinking more about being fit! Good for you Emily! Keep up the good work everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment