Monday, June 22, 2009

Change of pace. Change of Shoes.

First the weekly stats:
Current: 316.4
Weekly Loss: -0.2
% Weight Loss: -.06%
To Go: 141.4
Total 8.6 Exercise - 5/5 Days – 30+ minutes

I did well on eating this week until Saturday night. Kind of a funny story. Barbara asked me where I wanted to go for dinner. I was debating back and forth and decided on sushi. Barbara had not gone before and was reluctant, but I knew she liked sea food and thought after one bite she would love it. Well after one bite, I knew that I was never going to take her out for sushi again. You would have thought we were eating fried rat instead of fish. I ended up eating more than my fair share of sushi to say the least.

Sunday was hopeless for portion control and eating right, but boy was I treated good on Father's Day! I had a 6:30 am meeting to go to and Barbara fixed me a nice breakfast before I headed out the door. Over and beyond the call of duty! Lunch was fixed immediately upon my arrival after church and then the mother of all dinners! Prime rib, creamed potatoes, homemade rolls, great appetizers and yummy desserts. It is amazing that I only gained .4 of a pound this week!

Exercise went really well this week except for Saturday. I got up a bit late since I had driven to Moab and back on Friday. It had already rained a bit and it looked like more was on the way. I thought it might not be a good idea to go up Dry Canyon if it started raining hard. I decided to go for an extra long mileage up the Provo Canyon trail which is paved. I think I would have been ok except for to things. I went four miles, but should have gone three, and I wore the wrong shoes. The shoes I wore were too loose and I ended up with big quarter sized blisters on the balls of my feet. I was in quite a bit of pain the rest of the day. I had to doctor up the blisters three times before they stopped swelling up. Luckily I didn't have much to do the rest of the day and was able to stay off my feet. I fresh pair of socks and proper shoes got me out the door this morning with a little soreness, but manageable.

Lesson learned (I've been taught this lesson before.) Proper foot wear makes all the difference.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your weeks. It is very motivating for me to realize that it is a daily struggle, but then to realize that every day matters.
    I'm thinking that if you go up the canyon in the mornings, when we are in town you could swing by and pick me up in the morning. I would love to jog up the canyon while I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the post. It helps keep me engaged in what I am doing and staying focused on my goals.

    I usually head out about 6:30 am on M,T,W,F and then my longer hike on Saturday. You are welcome to come on any of them. We'll work out the details.

    ReplyDelete