Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 Retrospective

Sorry to be slow posting again this week.  I had a nice (in my own humble opinion) all typed up on my iPad but the app crashed and I lost all my changes!  I am retyping a slightly varied version with another app (Blogsey) and hope it does better.  If you have any suggestions on any experiences you might have had blogging on an iPad, let me know.

I thought for my last post of the year, I would look back on the year.  It helps me to realize what progress I have made and be greateful for how the year went.

Kiwanis 5K
This was my first race after working back from an injury.  It was a wet slushy run but I came in third in my age group.  And in case you were wondering the we're more than three people in my age group. :)

Kiwanis 5K

Several Great Hikes
I had a great time on several hikes this year.  With all the snow we had this spring, we had to be creative on our hikes, but all of them were great.  The highlights were:
July Uintah Hike with Troy, Mike and Gordon
September Timp Hike with Paul and Gordon
Kings Peak Hike with Evan and Gordon

The Kings Peak hike was the highlight because it completed my Three Peak Challenge that started me on this journey.  If you noticed, my brother Gordon was a part of my hiking.  He's a great brother and we've had some great times together.

Two Half's Don't Make a Whole
At least as far as a marathon goes.  I ran two half marathons this year.  Hobble Creek and the Halloween Half.  Both were a challenge to complete, but I was able to finish both of them.
Halloween Half
  Hobble Creek

I have had a lot of positive experiences this year.  More than I could have ever imagine!  Thanks for following along with me!  I would be interested to hear of some of your highlights of the year.  Feel free to comment.  Next week a look ahead as we celebrate a new year!  Happy New Year to you all!

Hang in there and I will too!

8 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you, Dad. It is amazing what you have accomplished this year. I can't wait to see what your goals & accomplishments will be in 2012. Thanks for taking us on the journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your not bad yourself :) Thanks for all the good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both great brothers and I am glad to have you. I am so glad you are getting healthy and fit. You are an example to me and I wish I could be with you both on your hikes. (Maybe not the marathons.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great to look back on a year well lived in fitness. I got to be "with you" virtually on a few of those milestones. I also just counted up your 10 pound loss stars and realize that you have also shed 130 pounds. Yes, you are a great model for all of us, including your own family. Happy New Year! Michel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recap - didn't know you did the Kiwanis run!!! It is wonderful to see that you did hikes with family, as well as accomplished some of your own goals!! Happy 2012!!!!

    MO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful year of healthy living and great hikes, runs, and stories you've told. I know it was a ruff start to the year, but you didn't let that slow you down and you accomplished so much including reaching your 3 peaks goal. I bet it has been so nice to have your brother along with you on your hikes. One of my highlights was being up there in Utah and walking hiking and being with you guys. We had so much fun on that trip. We love you and are proud of all that you have done this year. Way to go. Keep up the great work. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great year for you, Bruce. Congrats. Looking forward to a good one ahead for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bruce, I was away from blogging for a few weeks, but am glad to be back and catch up with you. You really got around this year! I'm very proud of everything you've accomplished. All the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete