Monday, July 5, 2010

10K!

Weekly Stats
Current: 197.4
Weekly Loss: 1.0
To Go: 22.4
Total 127.6

We returned home from vacation late Wednesday night. Usually when I come back from vacation I have eaten way too much of the wrong thing. But as I posted last week, Rachel and Sarah made sure that I was well taken care of with lots and lots of healthy choices. Thanks again girls! Having lost a pound after being on vacation is a great success in deed!

I raced my first 10k at the Freedom Festival today. I was a little nervous going in just because it was my first race in a long time and I knew there would be a lot of people, but I got there in plenty of time and got lined up at the starting gate in a good place and took off with the several thousand other runners. It was a bit congested at first, but before long we all had more than enough space. I was glad I had my Garmin watch. It helped me keep my pace at a reasonable rate. I wanted to finish somewhere in the 60 - 70 minute range and my unofficial time was 65 minutes. I was cheered on along the parade route by people I knew mostly from work. It was fun. I got high fived several times as well. The last part of the race was uphill and my trail running paid off. I was able to maintain my pace even at the end and was able to pick it up when thing leveled off the last quarter mile or so. I was glad I ran it and would be willing to do it again. Thanks to Bill and Todd who have been encouraging me to enter the race and have given me great running support as well!

It's always good to have a goal to work towards. This 10K was a short term goal. Our scout summer camp where we will be hiking 50 miles during the week and also hiking Timp in September are still ahead! Set some goals and keep going! Hang in there and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment