Monday, May 18, 2009

Here we go

I have made many attempts to lose weight. I have had successes, but I have had many failed attempts as well. I have reached the point where my weight is becoming a major obstacle in what I not only would like to do, but need to do as well. I have been thinking lately about what I have done in the past that have been successful. One of these has been accountability. I plan to use this space to come clean of where I am at, what my goals are and give a regular report of my progress. My main goal is to help me reach my goal, but a hoped for side effect is to motivate others to reach their goals, not just weight loss, but other areas that you have dreamed of doing, but for one reason or another have left undone.

That being said, here is my initial attempt of being accountable to myself and to those who might want to follow along.

Baseline (this is a hard thing to admit to, but is part of the accountability)
5/11/2009 - Weight - 325 lbs, Exercise - Very little other than doing what needs to be done around the yard.
Goals - 1) Ending weight - 175 lbs. 2) Lose at least 2 lbs a week. Total weight loss - 150 lbs. 3) Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

Weekly Stat:



















Date Current Wt Weekly Loss % Loss Lbs To go % to goal Total Loss
5/18/2009 322.6 2.4 0.74% 147.6 1.60% 2.4


Exercise - Started off with 10 minutes on the elliptical and ended the week by doing 13 minutes. I will keep increasing 1 minute per day until I am to 30.

Good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment